Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Semester In Review

I think that out of all the blog posts I have done this semester, I would have to say that the Advertising Rhetoric post helped me understand the idea of a rhetorical situation the most. The advertisement's within the blog posts really helped me see why determining your audience is important. One of the reasons why it's so important is because if you know who your audience is then your message will get across easier and more powerful, which is one of the key factors to writing. My advertisement was about the affects of smoking, so right away I know that this advertisement is mostly towards the smoker audience.The advertisement can also be towards anyone because it warns us about the dangers of smoking. This assignment over advertising really made me think about the components to not only a successful advertisement, but a successful piece of writing as well.

Emily Shouse
(150 words).

No comments:

Post a Comment