Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Semester Review-JF


This class has taught me a lot about rhetoric and the rhetorical situation. Obviously, that was its intent, or at least, I'd hope that would have been the intent. While we had many assignments, the blog posts taught me the most about the rhetorical situation. Of our many blog posts, the one that taught me the most would have to be the workplace rhetoric. It not only demonstrated the idea of author, audience, text, purpose, and setting the best, but it also gave me a chance to learn something more about my boss. My favorite part of that post though, was that the sign I chose provided a bit of humor on a normally serious topic. I thought it was funny how my boss put the second sign up because the first wasn’t working, and I was happy that I had the opportunity to share that with others. Overall, I learned a lot from all the posts, but the workplace rhetoric taught me more than any other, and it was also my favorite post.

Word Count: 174

2 comments:

  1. Over the semester I enjoyed your witty comments in class and your new way of thinking/use of sarcasm. It really helps me to think outside of the box hearing how others think about things. Goodluck in rhet 2!

    karah
    word count:Three sentences, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t help but thing that I have heard your name somewhere. It sounds familiar, but I just can’t place it. whoever you are I am sure that you are a very funny person. In all seriousness you made the class more fun and without you I probably would have been bored to death. So I probably would have die. So thanks.

    -Codie Rome

    ReplyDelete