Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Juxtaposition Post 2

There are a lot of good things people can learn from Dr. Tae's message. In my opinion, his most important aspect in his presentation is perseverance. To display this message he proves his point many times how skateboards have to constantly cope with failure to eventually succeed. As a student and a writer, perseverance has been a huge part of me becoming a better writer. I believe Ms. Jarmer has incorporated this concept into her course requirements. She requires us to use perseverance to revise our papers and use our resources to improve our papers.

Dr. Tae does a good job at taking something that has negative stereotypes surrounding it and relating it to something very practical. The lessons he teaches his audience can be used in real world situations, especially in school. I think he is trying to reach out to school students to prove how hard work can get them somewhere in life. Being a successful student himself, I think his message becomes even stronger because he is an example of where hard work can get people. When Dr. Tae talks about how skateboarding doesn't have a teacher, I believe he is trying to say that students need to be self-motivated. Students can't rely on teachers or other people to be there to hold their hand through everything.

Overall, I believe that Dr. Tae does a good job a taking two things that do not seem to relate to each other at all, and making them work together to illustrate a life lesson. I believe he is intending his message to the younger generation to prove to them how hard work and determination is key to success in any situation. He discusses how failure is a part of life, but it is also a part of reaching a goal and becoming successful.

David Sacre
(305 words)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when you say that Dr. Tae was very self moticvated. When he talks about how students need to want to learn, I feel as if some people take that the wrong way. They may not want grades because they don't want to try. I don't feel like this is the way he was trying to get his point across. I think that he has a very good point when he says that trying again and again until you get something is a good methode. I mean, how better can you learn then from your own mistakes? I think, like you said that Ms. Jarmer does a good job of this in class. I would have not became a better writer without the help of revisions in the class. I agree with everything Dr. Tae says and I think this would be a much more effective way for students to learn.

    Karah
    word count 154

    ReplyDelete