Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Woman in the White House"


The song by Sheryl Crow “Woman in the White House" comes off disturbing to me. I don't agree with her lyrics. She says "girls how about you" for one we aren't girls we are woman. If she wants to put "girls" in the white house she needs to make it a little more professional. Her image she gave herself isn't a positive image. By the look of the picture that goes with the song, it’s not very professional. To me it makes her look bad especially with the image showing her long legs. It’s like she’s making it sexual. In my opinion I feel like she is trying to get everyone to choose a girl in the office because of their features, that is not how it works. She is making all women look bad. The target audience for this particular song is to all women. I think the audience is to woman because she is trying to catch woman’s attention to run for president.  

The tune of the song sounds like it is from the early 50’s.  I think she wanted to change the tune up to catch more people’s attention. I for one do not like the song. I found the song to be annoying to the point where I didn’t even want to listen to it. I honestly hated the way she even sung the song. I hated the lyrics. Honestly I can say I hated everything about it. I don’t know about any of you but this song for real made her look bad, by the way she presented herself it says a lot about her as a person. She says “it’s time to put a girl in the white house girls how about you” To me it sounds sexist. I get the vibe she is trying to put girls against the guys in votes just to put a girl in the running of a president. I am a woman, and the job to be a president seems very overwhelming. I just feel like girls couldn’t handle the pressure mentally, physically, and etcetera. Girls are too emotional and moody to sit down and come to an agreement about something. There are going to be people out there who like the song no doubt about it. I find the song to be disrespectful. Who knows maybe she didn’t mean to offend anyone with the song. I personally think the song is going to cause her to lose a lot of fans.
(414)
Megan H

1 comment:

  1. I agree with just about every statement that you made about this particular song. It is quite disturbing and it is definitely unprofessional in every way. I think it is absolutely trashy by using the particular album cover that she did because we do not want our president to come off as a woman who tries to win her people over by using sex appeal. When you also state that you do not think a woman could handle being president are you one hundred percent right! Girls do not tend to do very well when it comes to handling stress, and being president of the United States would be one of the most stressful jobs ever. This song just seems to be extremely pointless to me. It is stating the absolute opposite of how most women really are. Some women may not have drama involved in their lives, can handle money well, etc. but most women cannot seem to do these things, successfully at least.
    Brooke Kinney (168)

    ReplyDelete