Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Juxtaposition post

In this song I think Sheryl Crow isn't making a far juxtaposition. She is being pretty sexest saying that a female would make everything better. Instead of using logically ideas and explanations she says that there would be less fighting and things like that. Well, any women can fight just as much as a man, if not more. I think the cover of her CD pretty much is a dead give away that this song is going to be this way though. I don't think there is anything wrong with her thought that maybe a women could turn things around, but this really isn't her thought. I think her thought is more that males can't solve the current problems of America. If the song were a more logical and realistic song, I think this would have been a fair juxtaposition. I guess you could also go about thinking that maybe she just is trying to say women should have some form of power.

I think that the juxtaposition used to cell this CD would probably be a hit with girls. I feel as if she aimed this right at them. Telling women things like this, saying how they could be better really empowers them. Although not all women, some see past the lack of realisticness. I do think that this is the main reason it would be an effective way to cell the CD though. Now when you talk about the effectiveness of the juxtaposition used to compare to a female in politics I think she missed the mark. Her thoughts aren't realistic and she is very one sided on the veiw. Although I think that this could be easily altered to be effective, it isn't in this case. I think this songs shows this very well because it could be effective to other people or situations, although I may not think it is. I think that this shows both effective and ineffective ways, so this song is a good example.

Karah
Word count 331

1 comment:

  1. Sheryl crow really is being sexist with this song. I feel that she is down grading us women and making fun of us and stating that the idea of a woman in the white house is absurd. Not all women are like this though and many may take offense to this song. The cover to this song is pretty sad. It's true though that sex sells so I believe she did her part there by grabbing people’s attention and really making them want to listen to the song and see what she had to say in it. Although I believe that you are right. The things that she had to say are very one sided. She obviously isn't taking it very serious and doesn't really find it possible that a girl could run the country one day. To me I think this song is something that was supposed to be more fun and entertaining rather than actually making a real point of it.

    ReplyDelete