Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Woman In The White House

Sheryl Crow picked a very strange way to go about saying she wants a female in the White House. Her way of trying to provide reasons of why this is a good idea is all wrong to me. To start off with the picture for the song, and how degrading it is. It is a picture of a ladies legs in high heels with the White House in between. Just assuming she probably is wearing something very sexy instead of going with something more mature for the White House. I think just this picture without the song is very demeaning to women, and does not represent a good picture for women being in the White House. When I think of wanting a woman in the white house I think of a very classy, mature, educated woman, defiantly not what is represented in the picture shown. She could have done way more better things with a different picture instead of this one.

Now aside from the picture you see, lets talk about her song. The song at first was kind of catchy until you were a minute into it and it just sounded like she was whining. I understand and completely agree that a lot of us would love to see a woman in the White House. I am beyond ready for this to happen, but the way Sheryl talks about it doesn't make it sound all too great. She could have done a way better job at expressing how she felt about this instead of with these lyrics. When I listen to the song it sounds like shes whining the whole time, and I can barely take her seriously. She talks about all of these common things that anyone is able to do and tries to portray that woman are the only ones that are good at them. I don't understand how she expects people to take this song seriously, and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment