Wednesday, August 29, 2012

About Me

Hi everyone! My name is Brooke Kinney. I graduated in 2012 from Hoopeston Area High School and I am now majoring in Pre-Occupational Therapy. After attending DACC for two years, I plan  to transfer to Parkland through Eastern, IL. I love sports, especially basketball and softball. I played basketball and softball all four years of high school and was a part of the National Honor Society. I enjoy doing anything that has physical activity and am always willing to try anything new!  I had intentions to try out for DACC's softball team but I recently tore the ligament between my knee and tibia so I am still not able to do much physical activity. I am still in therapy and will hopefully get released soon. I currently work at CVS in Hoopeston, IL and I love it there. I enjoy helping people out in any way that I can and making their day just a little better. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, so the little free time that I do have, I spend it with them. I have a twin brother, Ben, who is also attending DACC. I hope to become a better writter from this class and will hopefully get to know some new people. I think this site should be called Rhet 101. Thanks for reading my blog!

-Brooke Kinney :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke!

    I was sorry to hear about your injury, especially for someone so active in sports, that sounds very difficult. I'd really like to hear about what it was like to deal with that and your experiences in overcoming the odd things you realize you have to do, so I hope you get a chance to blog about that experience.

    I hope you heal up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi brooke, I think its awesome you love sports. I play basketball here at DACC. I tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus my senior year in high school. It wasn't fun. Make sure you keep rehabbing your injury. Don't let it discourage you from playing softball again. I also think its awesome you love helping people. I work in a nursing home and I love it. I hope you enjoy your time here at DACC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke, I always think that it is interesting reading about other athletes and what they do. I also played two sports all four years of high school and I now play basketball here at DACC. It's disappointing to see that you have recently been injured. I know it's a hard thing to go through. My sister tore both her acl and mcl her senior in high school. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery and hope that you will be able to return to softball soon! Don't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete