Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hey everyone, my name is Emily Shouse. I graduated from Danville High School in 2012, and currently still live in Danville. I haven't fully decided on what I want to major in, but I narrowed it down between Photography or Graphic Design. I plan on going to DACC for this year, and hopefully after that I will be able to transfer to either Illinois State or Indiana State to get my bachelor's in Fine Arts. I have always been an artsy type of person ever since I was little. Some things I enjoy doing in my spare time are listening to music, drawling, playing music, photography, watching horror movies, going to concerts, and just being around friends and family. What I expect to get out of this Rhetoric class is a better understanding of writing essays, and how I can become better at getting my point across to the reader. As for a name for this blog, I think
"Rhetoric 101 - Student Blog," could be a good name just because it is simple, but i've seen some other good name's people have suggested as well, but that is just my opinion.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, I'm Karah. The reason I chose to reply to your blog was because like yourself I am also an artsy person. What instruments do you play? I have played piano for about seven years and guitar for about three, but I decided my favorite instrument would be my voice. Although I would love to pick up guitar again. I like to play any kind of music I would listen to. I listen to anything usually, just not the hardcore rock or the super old oldies. I am the only person in my family that has ever tried to play any type of instrument, does anyone in your family? I also love photography, actually it was one of the very first classes I ever took here at DACC in college for kids. I love how photography is like a whole other world, you get to give glory to things people wouldn't usually look twice at. I have never been to a actually concert either, but I have been to something close. Every year my bestfriend and I attend the Vans Warped Tour. I'm not sure if you know what that is, but if you like all types of mucis i'm sure you would enjoy it. I think one of my dreams would be to see someone like Justin Bieber in concert! Also, my goals for this class are about the same as yours. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete