Wednesday, August 29, 2012



Hi, I’m Baylea. I graduated from Georgetown-Ridgefarm high school last May. I’m the middle sister of three. I love to read and write when the mood strikes me. The authors that I love to read most are Ted Dekker, Tami Hoag, and J. K. Rowling. I’m a very big Harry Potter lover; my favorite book from the series is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. My favorite character from the series, other than Harry, is Luna Lovegood. I like her because she’s not afraid of what people think of her and her beliefs. Batman is my absolute favorite hero because he is just a man with no super powers and my favorite villain is the Joker because he is not ever after much, just complete and utter chaos.  When not reading, I enjoy watching movies and the bonus material to see the behind the scenes stuff. Some of my favorite movies are The Batman series, Hary Potter series, The Crow, and quite a few more. The actor that I would really love to meet is Johnny Depp. I like to listen to music when I need a background noise or to help me focus. My favorite band to listen to is Skillet. So that's just a little me. My suggestion is 'The Thoughts of College Students'
 
-- Baylea Hall  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bailea. I decided to reply to your post, because yours looks like the most interesting. Plus I think yours is the only one I could give a couple hundred words of replying to. So middle child, huh? Fun...I am the oldest, and I have nine half siblings. I love reading and writing THE RIGHT MATERIAL. The stuff we have gotten in this class so far...not so much. I think Ted Dekker looks like someone who I would be interested in as an author. I'm a big Harry Potter fan myself. And by big I mean HUMUNGOUS. I like the Joker a lot too as a villain. And by like a lot, I mean LOVE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BATMAN TO DEATH!! And by ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO DEATH!! I mean...well, you get it. As for Johnny Depp, Captain Jack Sparrow is one of my FAVORITE movie characters. So yeah, we apparently have a lot of likes in common. I guess we won't ever be lacking conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Baylea. Your post was very intresting. As soon as I saw your reasoning for having Batman as your favorite super hero, I just knew I had to respond.

    Many people I have met stated that they did not like him due to the very fact that you and I find him so interesting. I would would have to say that my favorite villian of the Batman universe would probably be Mr. Freeze because he was just a doctor that was trying to save his wife. Have you read any of the comics? I haven't myself, but I really want to whenever I get the opportunity.

    I'm a pretty big Harry Potter fan, as well. Maybe not as much as my sister, though-she wants to cosplay as one of the characters sometime in the future!

    Anyway, best of luck to you in the semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matthew,
      I'm glad to have met someone else who likes Batman for one of the same reasons I do. I have not read any of the comics, but I really want to read a few. I do like Mr. Freeze, but the Joker's always gonna be my number one. Good luck with this class too.
      Thanks

      Delete
  3. Hey Baylea. I think it's really cool that you like to read and write. I also do the same. I'm a HUGE batman fan myself, so I can definately relate to you on that one. I think my favorite villians from Batman are either the Joker or Scarecrow. I use to be obsessed with Harry Potter when I was a little kid, but even if I am older now I still love him. Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors as well, especially if he's in any Tim Burton movies.
    Anyways, looks like we have a lot in common, and good luck this semester.

    ReplyDelete