Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Myself, in a tiny box.

My name is Nathaniel. 

I'm twenty four years old.

I put off college while I pursued some different job opportunities. Those worked out for a time, and taught me a lot about who I was. They just happened to teach me that I wasn't doing what I wanted.

I'm part of the Vineyard, which is a local church.
It's where the real focus of my life is dedicated. 
Among other things, I've been a small group leader for the last two semesters. Now I'm entering a time of training new leaders.

If you don't know what a small group is, you should definitely ask. Mine was a pretty good time, and I feel the new leaders will be at least as magical.

I wouldn't have them otherwise.

I expect this class to help me grow towards freedom in my writing. While I will enjoy the personal outlet, I'm digging the sharing of thoughts. Reading some of the other entries, it's already given a real depth to some individuals that I (no offense) wouldn't have attributed to them otherwise. Some of that may come from everyone being so quiet, due in part to the somewhat intimidating presence of Mrs. Jarmer. Though I'm sure she doesn't mean to...

We'll see how that progresses.

For a blog title, I really like:

Room 109 
Knowing > Not 
We Voted For This.

                                                  Nathaniel Y.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title for you paper, it's very unique. At first I was a little surprised about you not going to college right after High school but I do agree sometimes you need to venture off the beaten path to see who you really are. I'm rather interested in what group leading entails. Do you lead a Sunday School type program or something different? Also it's very inspirational that you teach others leadership skills.

    The reason I choose this post was because of the remark you made about not attributing things to your classmates that you now know. I thought it was an interesting out look that I agree with. A lot of times in DACC the classes are quiet and you rarely have interaction with other students. I find it really cool to be able to see personality traits that I otherwise would not have guessed were in my class.

    ReplyDelete