Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda Wade. I am 18 years old and the youngest of four children. The oldest one is 32 years old. Seems like a pretty big gap, right? I am also the only girl. People always ask me if I wish I had a sister, and actually, I don't. Not because of any sharing issues, but because my brothers are the biggest influences in my life, and I wouldn't want that to ever change. Unfortunately though, my brother Brandon passed away in early 2010. It shook our family to the core, but we have all coped in our own ways. I plan on getting a tattoo with his ashes mixed in with the ink. It's my own little dedication to him I guess you could say.

 Anyway, back to the purpose of this post. I am majoring in Psychology. I've wanted to be a psychologist for a couple years now, but when I took the Criminal Justice class here at DACC with Rickey Williams, I was totally inspired. I plan to transfer to Indiana State University after two years here to achieve my Master's Degree. Then I want to file for my LPC and work in a jail as a criminal psychologist. For those of you who don't know what an LPC is, it is basically a certificate saying you are able to counsel people. I just find this field completely interesting.

Some interesting things about me include I love rainbows. My room is pretty much rainbow central. I have 5 piercings on my ears and I also have my eyebrow pierced. I love tattoos! I don't have one of my own yet, but I am typically asked to draw someone's out, which doesn't bother me. I love drawing! I also am entirely in love with music. You can usually find me singing or with a pair of headphones in. I am working on producing my own music with one of my friends. When I'm not absorbed in the college life, I usually spend my time doing odd jobs, drawing out tattoos for others, or hanging out with my fiance, Chris. He actually proposed here at DACC in front of my Criminal Justice class. Let's just say I turned beat red..

I love to meet new people and find out about them. But I will warn you, I am a very outspoken individual. So if you ask for my opinion or advice, I'm going to be straight forward with you. I find that a good quality in not just myself. It's good to be honest.

As for my expectations for this class, I hope to improve my writing tremendously and become more confident for my major papers for classes. My suggestion for the name of this blog is 'Into The Minds of College Students' just because it matches the purpose of this blog. I hope to get to know more of you soon. Don't be afraid to come up and start a conversation with me, I'm pretty random and will keep the conversation going!

Thanks for reading!

Amanda W.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Amanda! Nice to meet you. :) You seem very interesting. I am also the youngest in my family with a pretty big gap, not as big as yours though; my sister is 10 years older while my brother is 9 years older. It seems to me we have some things in common. We both love music, drawing, and being outspoken. You are probably a lot more outspoken then I am, I can't stand my ground for a long time. I'm sorry to hear about your brother, but I do find what you are doing in memory of him original. Oh, and you and I would get a lot great because I too am random. :) And I mean, REALLY REALLY random. If you happen to be in my class, we should totally talk! If not, oh well...that's why this blog is here, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. how long have you been at DACC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Priyanka! It's nice to meet you as well! (: Unfortunately, you're not in my class. I think I've met you before through Scholastic Bowl. And I do believe you went to school with my fiance. But that doesn't mean we can't talk! (: I'm glad you find my memorial original. Some people don't think it's a good idea but I'm doing it anyway, haha! I'm a freshman at DACC this year but I did College Express my senior year. I'm glad you're random! Sometimes I'm just random with some of my friends and you probably understand that if people aren't that way as well, they typically don't get it. I look forward to getting to know you better! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D You did scholastic bowl? Maybe that's why your name sounded REALLLLYYY familiar. Anyways, what's Chris' last name? I can't think of any Chris's right now. D:

    ReplyDelete