Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello everyone, I'm Breanna Hargrove. I graduated from Oakwood High School in 2012. I'm majoring in Criminlolgy/Criminal Justice, and plan to spend two years at DACC and then transfer to Indiana State University for my Bachelor's Degree. I'm not really sure what I want to do with my degree yet, but I am currently taking a Criminal Investigation class and I already love it, so I guess we'll see where that goes. One of my biggest dreams is to someday go to law school and become apart of the Innocence Project, which is a group of lawyers who find evidence to help release innocent prisoners. Whenever I'm not in class or at work I enjoy spending my free time with my friends and family. I'm hoping this class will help me organize my ideas better, that way when I have papers in the future, I'll be more confident in my work. I've never blogged before, so I'm not really sure what to expect, but I'm excited to see what everyone has to say, and I dont have any interesting ideas for the name of our blog, but I think room 109 sounds acurate, since we are in roon 109.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Breanna,
    I think your life sounds awesome! I myself have never wanted to be a lawyer before, but it has always sounded interesting. I've heard about the Innocence Project, and seen it on a tv show, I think it was 60 minutes. But the idea of it caught my eye, and seemed to be pretty neat! One thing that we do have in common is that I have never done a blog before either, but I can't wait to see what else you write!
    P.S. where do you plan on transferring to, or are you sure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on transferring to Indiana State University. I visited them last winter and they had a great Criminology program.

      Delete
  2. Hi Breanna,

    I picked your post to reply to because I am going to college for criminal investigations. Everyone else seemed to have written about what kind of sports they played and how involved they were. You didn't mention anything about sports. Seems we have atleast one thing in common. I also noticed that you don't have much writing experience either. It's my greatest downfall right now. I don't like it, don't find it interesting, and don't really know what to say. I'm one of those quick and to the point kind of guys. I've been told that college is full of writing to do so hopefully it will get easier or i will get better at it. I tend to procrastinate because I dislike it so much. I plan on transferring to Western to study Criminal investigations after my 2 yrs at dacc. I have always enjoyed watching things like CSI and other investigative shows. I look forward to beginning a career in this field. Good luck with your future goals.

    ReplyDelete