Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Emily C

Hey there everyone, I'm Emily Cannon. I graduated from Georgetown Ridgefarm High School. In high school I was very involved. I was a cheer captain, senior vice president, student senate vice president, National Honor Society treasurer, I played volleyball, I was in chorus, I was homecoming queen, and I was also involved in a volunteerism class my junior year. My volunteerism class taught me a lot and gave me quite a few life experience lessons. To go from doing so much in high school to going to DACC now, is a very different and weird transition for me. As of right now my plan is to go to DACC for 2 years, while taking my general ed. I'm not sure as to what I want my occupation to be, which drives me insane. I just wish I knew what I wanted to go into, but I suppose time will tell. For right now I work at Mikes Grill in Tilton. I love working curb service there. Its the best of both worlds for me. I make money, while coming face to face with new people and I get to enjoy the outdoors. My life is pretty much spent hanging out with my family and friends. I couldn't picture my life without them honestly. My mom has got to be my best friend. I love the TV show Big Brother, I'm pretty much addicted. I also like Indy Car Racing. I think that this site should be called the Rhet Circle. I'm not really sure why I would call it this but, it has a good ring to it. I hope to gain a lot from this class. I've always loved to write and I'm hoping that love will be ongoing and I'll be able to learn a lot this semester. But I'm going to quit rambling on now. 

Sincerely, Emily Cannon :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I can really relate to you on alot of what you have said. I was also in cheerleading and volleyball throughout highschool. I loved the sports and still wish that I could be apart of them today. Moving from High School to DACC is, hands down, a complete 180. A lot more is expected of us here and we have alot more to keep track of. We have definitely entered the world of adulthood. I understand that not knowing what feild you want to go into is frustrating. I am going through the same thing as well. It's really overwhelming, all the options that we have. It's just not something we can pick in a moments notice. So taking general studies until we figure it out is no big deal. We will figure it out in time and I'm sure we will be happy with our choices! As for Mike's Grill, I have to say that I absolutly love eating there. I'm sure you will see me there sometime soon, because I am now craving it! It sounds so good. Well I'm going to stop ranting on about food now or I'll be here for hours. I'll see you soon!
    -Ashlie

    ReplyDelete