Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Priyanka B

     Hey everyone, I'm Priyanka Bhakta. I'm from Danville, IL and I'm a senior at Westville High School. I'm a very friendly, I can get along with just about anyone. I participate in many things; chorus, dance team, student council, drama club, and much more. I like to talk a lot, make jokes, laugh, and pretty much have every day be a wonderful day. I'm trilingual, I can speak English and Gujarati (it's a language spoke in northern India) and I can fluently understand Hindi (the majority of India speak this). When I go to college, I plan to major in Pre-Med  or Biology because I plan on pursuing the career as either an orthopedic surgeon or as a neurosurgeon. It's always been an interest of mine to become a surgeon. I hope to move to Chicago for college next fall.
     I would like to learn how to expand on my writing skills, I've never been an excellent writer, I tend to over-think on how to go about writing papers; I want to overcome my fear of writing. I'd also like to express my opinions thoroughly through the papers we do in class. My main goal for this class is to become a better writer in hope that it will help my fear of writing in the long run.
     My suggestions for our blog's title are:

  • Working Writers
  • Regular Writers
  • Rocking Writers
  • Rocking Rhetoric 
  • Untitled  (because we are writers and it's mysterious :) )

     This has just been a little part of me and my life. I hope to get to know everyone in class and we learn things about each one of us that will be with us for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice to meet you, Priyanka!

    I enjoyed the structure of your blog. I felt like things were in an easy flow and I didn't have to stop or stumble over misspellings. Good use of bullet points as well.

    On a separate note, your linguistic skills make me jealous. I'm struggling just learning a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan! :) Very nice to meet you as well. Oh and thanks for the compliments! I was frustrated at the fact I can't indent using the tab button. Grrr. :P Anyway, I can't say I'm not smiling at the fact that I am making you jealous, muahahahaha, but I can't really brag about it either; I was taught those at a very young age. In fact, before starting preschool, talking in Gujarati was more familiar than English was. My preschool teachers had a difficult time, but they worked their magic. Well, I hope your super language skills kick in one day! :)

    ReplyDelete