Wednesday, August 29, 2012

About Me

Hi everyone, my name is Makayla Stark. I graduated in 2012 from Oakwood High School. I am now going to DACC and I am majoring in Nursing. I enjoy playing sports and spending time with my friends. In high school I played Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball. My plan was to play Volleyball for DACC, but at the end of Softball season I broke my hand and needed surgery and did not get released to play in time. I also race go-karts, and I have been doing that for almost nine years now. The season goes from April-October every Saturday night. Some people might see it as boring, but it's something I have always been around and something I will continue to be around. Racing runs in my family and I would never change that. I currently work at Rainbow of Hope, for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a Primary School that ranges from the age of three year old to third grade. I love my job, and I love what I do, which is why I'm pursuing the medical field in Pediatrics. To me, kids make my day better. I also have a little sister that is now a little over five months old. Being around her and working with kids for a little over a year has had a huge impact on what I have decided to do with my life. Some of you may find my life boring, but I don't think it could really get any better. Enjoy!

Sincerely, Makayla :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Makayla.

    I'm very sorry to hear about your hand. That must have been a huge bummer with the loss of sports, especially on top of how inconvenient something like that already is. I'd be curious to know how that affected your racing.

    I'd also like it if you got to spend some time blogging about go-kart racing. I've never met anyone who did it and I've only vaguely known about it. It would be really interesting to get a drivers perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makayla! My name is Brooke Kinney and I graduated from Hoopeston Area last year. I also played basketball and softball in high school. In the middle of the summer, I tore the ligament between my knee and tibia and that caused me to be out of sports for a while too so I know it feels. I had intentions to play softball at DACC until I hurt my knee but I think you should try to play volleyball next year! I did not know what Rainbow of Hope was but it sounds like a great job to have because I also love being around kids! I have a huge family and my mom owns her own daycare I am constantly around them! Hope to hear from you soon!
    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete