Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Political Rhet



When I look at this picture I think, how genius is this? I saw this picture and knew I had to use it for my blog.  I know that if I were to see this in a book or magazine I would stop and chuckle a little bit to myself. How true is this picture and how much do you agree with it? I feel like pictures like these are the ones that catch your eyes in a book or magazine. Normally when I see something about politics I just skip over it and not read it. For some reason I dont really have a big interest in what they have to say. I found this picture and thought about what all it meant. When I see the photo I think about how the government has embarrassed themselves so many times, and how it always gets leaked to the public. The public really always finds out about what happens behind closed doors. And quite frankly I find it hilarious! These politicians always think they can be so sneaky and do whatever they want and no one ever find out. Well this picture shows exactly that.
This piece also comes off to me as a very good piece of political rhet. How often do you get on the computer and see something scandalous a politician has recently done? This happens to me constantly, and i always just shake my head. Politicians are supposed to be the people we look up to and trust to help and protect our country but yet they're off doing crazy stupid things they shouldn't be doing at all. Or how about what the politicians do, that they try to keep from everyone. They must not know how the public does things. everyone will find out about something even really little, even if you dont want them to. I really do enjoy this picture and how it symbolizes what it does. If you think about it this picture would mean nothing without the captions. The captions have to be on the photo in order for everyone to understand what the message is its trying to have come across. I thought this photo would be a great topic and a great way to show political rhet.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture that you have chosen here! It's pure genius! I agree with you on the meaning of it. The government has embarrassed themselves to many times. A ridiculous amount of times really. It really does amaze me how fast things can get around these days. It's all thanks to a little thing we call the internet! You would think that our politicians would be more aware of this and try to stay low and away from the spot light. They are people that we look up to and if they can’t keep a professional aspect then how do they expect the country to take them seriously? It all pretty much goes hand in hand. I believe this is why our country is slowly loosing faith in the government, because there really isn’t anyone in there to take it seriously, serious enough to get the country the help that it really needs.
    I believe that you are right though. The picture really would have no meaning if it didn’t have any captions. It would look like a science project that has gone wrong! The captions in this case really do make the cartoon. It was a great picture! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete