Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rhetorical Essay

I started out my paper by reading the article I was given in class. It was about negative influence TV has on children. I had to read the article over and over again because the thesis to the story was confusing to me. He talked about how bad it was on kids so I thought that's what the thesis was. But at the end he was talking about how the TV networks need to be more responsible and care enough to label shows correctly so that parents can control what their kids are watching.

I started my paper out by agreeing. TV does have a negative impact on kids, but that I wouldn't take it to the extent that kids are fighting and getting pregnant because of TV. They are making their own decisions and it's the parents job to teach the kids right from wrong. But then in a way I didn't really stick to that point because I did go on to talk about how it doesn't have THAT bad of a negative influence on them. I talked about the topic of the story more than I did about the actual thesis. Although I thought that I was talking about the thesis, I didn't realize exactly what the thesis really was until we talked about it in class. I was nervous about writing my first essay for college, especially since I couldn't really figure out the actual thesis. So I took a stab at it, yes my thesis was wrong but I still put all my effort into writing my paper. Now that I have seen what changes I needed to make to my paper I have more tips to writing my next paper. Writing has always came to me pretty easy until my nerves are involved, so I have a feeling when I'm stuck on something and don't know where to go from there, the Writer's Room will be a place that I will be able to get help and to get back on track.

-Makayla

(388)

No comments:

Post a Comment