Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rhetorical Situations
          Hey Audience! As I am sure you all have guessed, this is my rhetorical situational blog. In other words, it is the assignment that was given to all of us where we write about writing about a writing. Specifically, I am writing about my experience penning our diagnostic essay.  We were given an article written by Jeffrey M. McCall about the negative influence he believes TV has on kids. He attempts to persuade his readers to support his view that parents must fight against this negative influence on their kids. In our prompt, we were instructed to decide whether or not we supported his position and give a strong persuasive piece on the side we chose. I chose to agree with the author, and based my essay on the evidence I believe supports this view,and my own personal experience.
            I have to admit, I was definitely nervous. The way Ms. Jarmer put it., it sounded like if I failed this I would be kicked out of the class. While this wasn’t quite true, this essay did turn out to be very important in deciding whether English 101 was for me. It was especially crucial to me. Being a Political major, I need to be a proficient writer. So with this in mind, I went to writing. As usual, starting turned to be the hardest part; the actual writing was smooth and easy. I still wouldn’t consider it “fun’ but I guess it wasn’t terrible either. In the end, the only part of the process I agonized over was the title page. First I couldn’t decide whether or not to have one. Then I couldn’t decide on the format once I decided to make one. It probably took me nearly as long as writing the essay itself. Its funny, the things I will do when I am nervous enough. Now, what would I change about my writing? Well looking back, I think I would not worry about the title page. I really don’t think it mattered.
 Sincerely,
Drew Corbin


[Word Count:  340]

No comments:

Post a Comment