Friday, September 14, 2012

The Email Barack Obama had sent out to Ms Jarmer seemed very unprofessional. He acted like they were on friend bases like they have knew each other. The way he started the email with "friend" just seemed very odd to me. In my opinion Mr. Obama is not your friend at all. He starts the email out to get on your good side for you to do somthing for him. He asked Ms Jarmer to donate three dollars, but he never said what the money was going to. At this point how do we know this emial isn't a fake. How do we know if this is really the president? In my opinion I wouldn't think the President of the Unites States would write and send a informally email. The email has no detail to what the money is going for. We all know when we donate money we ask what the cause it. Him not explaing what the cause is for the money is nonsense. Then he also puts in the e mail it needs to be donated tonight! This email is bogus if anything it sounds like a big scam. Not only could this scam be taking your three dollars, but also they are going to have your creidt card information.

The content of the e mail was all wrong. He first starts it out "Hey" to me it sounds like he has known Ms. Jarmer for quite awhile now. He considered her his friend. That was very unprofessional for the President of the United States to send an email. The audience is supposed to be Ms, Jarmer, but to me the auther being Barack Obama had a poor way of  trying to get her to donate money due to the lack if detail that wasn't given in the email. How the author started the email with poor content and gives no information on what the money is even for makes me question the Email. In my opinon the office doesn't need anymore money, they have all kinds of money to do whatever it is they need to do. If I were Ms. Jarmer and if I was interested in what the cause could be for, I would Email Barrack back and question what it is he wants me to donate three dollars for. This Email is bogus and I would definitely not donate any money.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with your blog. The e-mail could not be any more unprofessional then it already is. "Barack Obama" sending this e-mail was absolutely pointless to me. I would never donate money to someone who sends me an e-mail only asking to donate money; not stating what the money is specifically going towards or why we should even donate anything at all. If I were the president of the United States, I would want to present myself a lot better than just sending an e-mail that is approximately five lines long, without even having a signature. In your blog, you made a very good point, how do we even know if this is the president? I did not even think of questioning that while reading and writing my blog. I also agree with you when you state that him saying that the money needing to be donated by midnight is nonsense because it is. If I were considering donating to a cause, I would not want to be rushed into thinking about my decision. If I had a short period of time deciding whether I was going to donate or not, I would more than likely to be willing to donate. I enjoyed reading your blog!
    -Brooke Kinney (210)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I agree with you that this email is very unprofessional. Clearly Obama is not the sender of the email and most people would realize this. You are right about them possibly getting the person’s credit card information if they donated money. I agree with you that the President would not address someone with “hey” and use “friend to start off the email. I agree with you that since the email did not specify where the money is going to it is likely spam. You had a good point about the lack of information that the email had and that it was unlikely that it would convince a person to donate money. You also had a good point when you said that if you received the email you would email them back and question them on why they needed the money. I agree with you that the President writing this is very unlikely due to the fact they have a lot of money at their dispense. I would also not donate money to this cause since the email is lacking information and it is unlikely that the President personally wrote it to you. I think it would have to be one his staff or someone trying to scam people of their money who wrote this letter.
    -Megan Grimes (Words 216)

    ReplyDelete