Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rhetorical Situations

I love writing. I love having a blank piece of paper and turning into something wonderful with my thoughts, my words. So when I found out that our first assignment was a paper, which was actually a test-of-sorts, I jumped at the challenge. Even with realizing that Ms. Jarmer was my main audience, I didn't really change my writing style. Granted, I didn't write it like I'm writing this post or how I write my journals- simply because these are far less formal (at least I thought they were)- so phrasing and word choice did change a little, but my overall style remained constant. And when my paper was returned, and I saw which weakness was checked, I took it in stride and now attempt to correct the issue.

I don't think I would really change anything about my paper if I had the chance. I love it exactly the way it is, and that's just because I wrote it, it's full of my thoughts and my feelings. I would add to it, tack on a couple comments here and there of course, but the paper would largely remain the same. If I were to write another paper on a different subject, sure it would be different than the Diagnostic Essay, and hopefully better written, because I have learned since then. I've read articles and listened in class and written more since then. But that doesn't mean I'm not proud of what I did write, because I am.

So I enjoyed writing that paper. It was fun, it made me think a little bit, and was on an interesting topic. I'm glad I finally have a reason to get back into writing, and the Diagnostic Essay showed me what kind of a writer I am. Is there room for improvement? Sure. But isn't that the case for all of us? Isn't that why we're here?

No comments:

Post a Comment