Wednesday, September 5, 2012

                                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                Rhetoric Situation
This is my first time taking Rhetoric and Composition, so as usual when it comes to do something new I was very nervous. English has always been hard but I thought this writing class would be very easy but it is difficult. The thing that really worried me was when Ms. Jarmer told the class that they would have to write a 400 word diagnosis essay to determine if we need to stay in the class or go to a lower class. The essay had to summarize the writing called TVs Negative Influence on Kids reaffirmed by Jeffery M. McCall. The author's piece of writing tried to persuade the reader to agree with his opinion. Ms. Jarmer not only wanted us to summarize his writing she also wanted us to either agree with him or disagree with him and tell why we chose what we chose.


I read the essay five times to make sure that I got a good understanding of the piece that I was writing about. After I read the essay I used my own peronal experiences from my past as the support for my decision. Then I began to write about how I personally can see the effects. I tried to write my esssay so that other people would be persuaded into taking my side of the opinion. In doing so I felt like I did not write well enough to do so nor did I give enough eveidence on why the reader should chose my side. It was difficult to try and use my personal experiences because I felt like our own experiences will differ from other people's personal experinces.

No comments:

Post a Comment