Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rhetorical Situations

As I read through the essay by Jeffrey M. McCall on why TV has negative influence on kids, I first picked out the key points. I read through the essay quite a few times to make sure I captured the main key points. I did my best not to summarize the essay.  In our essay we were supposed to say if we agreed or disagreed with the way television affects kids. We could talk about if we had experience with it. We could talk about if the experience was personal or a similar type of situation. As I sat down to write this essay, I had anxiety, I felt there was a lot of pressure because it was a diagnostic essay. I'm not a big on writing, this paper was one of my first real papers to write for a college course. I read through the article more than once and each time I found something that stood out to me. I kept contradicting the statements he made. I agreed and disagreed with certain statements that stood out to me.  I wrote this essay thinking  I was doing okay, thought I was analyzing it. The more I have read though my essay,  I realize I summarized too much of the essay instead of making it my own.

Before I wrote my article I thought to myself who else would be interested in what I had to say about TV negativity. My true audience I think was going to be Ms. Jarmer. I knew she was going to look over my essay to see what potential I had in writing. She told us to not agree and disagree in our essay. We were supposed to pick one and write about it. If I could change the was I wrote that essay I would have chosen one side. I honestly agree with it more that I disagree. I also disagreed with a few statements that was said in the essay. I would have pointed those points out and explained ways why I agree, but I would have criticized the statement. People have their own input on why tv is negative. Everyone has their own thoughts and perspective on the way Tv has a negative influence on kids. Jeffrey M. McCall was the author of this essay; He was engaging ways that made tv have a negative impact. He gave many examples and explained how TV was impacting young adults. Us adults have believe it or not have learned too many negative things from television. We may not notice now, but eventually everyone will notice the way television has a negative impact.  

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment