Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Advertising Rhetoric

As soon as I saw our assignment I immediately thought of those cheesy Tampax ad's that I see everywhere and anywhere, but mostly throughout magazines. In Maslow's Hierarchy I believe that this photo would fit it to the safety category. In the safety category is where health stands, and I believe this ad is very much so about cleanliness and health. I mean lets get real girl's need feminine products to stay healthy and not go around nasty from day to day during their monthly visit. The creator of this ad is trying to show you that you will be better off if you invest in their product. They have very popular Serena Williams the tennis player hitting "mother nature" with a tennis ball. The caption says "Game over mother nature", this is implying that using their product will allow their time of the month to be very carefree.

You can completely tell with looking at this ad who it is directed towards and what they are trying to do throughout it to make it look more pleasant. I mean lets think this through, being a girl I know that our time of the month is the most unpleasant times of our lives. And if this ad is telling me that with using their product our periods will be simple and carefree, you best believe I will be next in line to try this out. I do believe the ad is very cheesy, especially "mother nature", but I think that its very effective to the girls that are seeing it. I'm sure tons of girls that are just starting out their periods will see this ad in one of their teeny bopper magazines and think this is the product they have to use. With them not knowing that this is not the only product that works they will think this is Gods creation to earth. This ad has done its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment