Wednesday, October 24, 2012

    
     In the commercial," Don't Re-enact Scenes of Platoon With Charlie Sheen." This commercial is among many that are used to be comical to attract the attention of future customers. The commercials are of many different types of situations with many different famous people. Many start out with the view of if you do this, this will happen, or if you don't why something bad will happen to you. Direct TV has made this unrealistic situations and tries to convince you to switch from cable. These situations that Direct TV use are very funny and often somewhat bizarre, although they do attract the viewers attention. I don't think that would stop a viewer from subscribing to Direct TV if they wanted it. I think that many of these commercials do not make people change what cable carrier they do or do not have. I often think it is more about what the cable company offers, not what famous person is promoting it. The humor in the commercial can be viewed one way to some people, but to others it is not viewed the same way.

     This commercial was funny and crazy, both at the same time. I don't believe that the commercial was effective. I don't believe that any commercial can make a person buy or subscribe to a specific item. Although, many commercials you always know just by the way they start as to what they are trying to sell. Direct TV is one of those companies that have specific commercials that just by the way they start. Some of the commercials are very funny, and some are just not funny at all. Many of these commercials make it seem as though you have hit rock bottom, if you didn't subscribe to Direct TV. I find it difficult to believe that a person would switch to Direct TV if you watch the re-enacted scenes of Platoon with Charlie Sheen. "I'm getting Direct TV now." I don’t think that this really happens.
Word Count: 331

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dalton, I completely agree that the Direct TV commercials are very funny and they attract a lot of people. I do think that some people would actually switch due to the commercials though. However, I don't think that someone who is happy with their current cable subscriber would switch just because of some humorous commercial. The main reason that I think that people would switch would be because they were unhappy with cable and that Direct TV has so much more to offer to any customer. I don't think that you necessarily have to re-enact scenes with Chalie Sheen, I think what Direct TV is saying is that your overall experience would be better if you were to switch. The only reason that I think that commercials such as the ones by Direct TV are efective is because a lot of people don't go buy what's best, the judge a lot on what a product looks like or its reviews. I do agree that some of these commercials make you think as you have hit rock bottom. They make it seem as if your not with them than the company that you are with is no good.

    Word Count-187

    ReplyDelete