Wednesday, October 31, 2012


                I chose a health insurance commercial for my analyzing advertising Rhetoric paper. The picture depicts a woman holding a new born child with a logo under her showing the logo of the company, Gninsurance.  I began reading the quote at the top which goes very well along with the birth of the child. The comment underneath it is to show with insurance you do not have to worry about other things while being in the hospital. It implies that the insurance company will take care of your expenses while you’re in the hospital. I believe this type of advertising ranks on Maslow’s list as Safety. More specifically I believe it is a type of security for resources, health and body.
                I believe this advertising is targeted at young mothers and people who are planning on having a family. The person marketing the ad is trying to show that the finical security is protected even if you go to the hospital and have medical expenses. This is very reassuring to the person being admitted to the hospital since they are likely to be stressed previously and it would not help if they had to worry about if they could even pay the medical bill.  The advertisement is effective by showing the mother smiling and content, not upset about over medical expenses she may be racking up in the hospital. Consumers would want to buy the insurance companies market because they do not want to be in the situation of having to pay for hefty medical bills. If I was a mother I would be thinking about getting health insurance just for the fact that I know how much it costs to be in the hospital and although I would have to pay some of the expense I would rather do that than pay all of it.http://www.gnazhealth.com/us-insurance/images/GNAZ-P&C-baby-ad.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment