Wednesday, October 17, 2012





     This sign is located in the Westville High School boys' locker room.  I think that the sign gets its intended message across to the stakeholders because when your getting ready to play a game you should want to do whatever it takes to win that game.  So as you walk out to the fields to play, this sign is the last thing you see before you go out of the locker room.  Most of the players hit the sign as they go out probably to show that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win. Then when the game is over and if you have nothing left to give, you fulfilled the message of doing whatever it takes. On another note besides what the sign signifies for the sports teams this sign, I would say that it gives our plan and boring locker room some decoration to it.

     Even students that come through the locker room and see this sign understand the importance of it. All athletes not just the football players see and use this sign as their motto for their performance of a game. We all know it's there, whether you are in the locker room changing for pe or getting dressed and ready for the big game, we all know that all of our games are more important to us. We always do whatever it takes to play to our best potential. I will encourage the freshman students and athletes to adopt this as their motto also. A few of the younger athletes don't understand until they might get their first win. It's tradition to touch the sign for luck as you leave the locker room to head to the field. Everyone does this whether you are a starter or just another one of the guys. After the game, when coming back to the locker room after the game is over, it is tough to see the sign if we had a big loss. Overall, all that matters is that we play our best and do whatever it takes.

Word Count: 344

1 comment:

  1. I like the sign Whatever it Takes. I think that If I was to have strolled by this sign I would think that It was kind of a motivational sign. If I walked past the sign it would make me do whatever it takes to get something done not just in sports, but in life. This sign helps create a good environment because it encourages people to try. It tells me that the people who created this sign are motivators and people who give effort in what they do. The person who created this intended for this artifact to catch attention of those who it is meant for and also those who are not. I think that one downgrade the sign has is that it is a sign telling you this rather than a person. If someone told me to give whatever it takes I think that I would be further inclined to do so. The sign is affective, but actions speak louder than words.

    Word Count-185

    ReplyDelete