Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Rhetoric is used in many ways.  The artifact I used is a sign in my locker room that says “Play like a Champion.”  Of course people know when they read the sign that it means to give your all and to play to the best of your ability.  Many rhetorical elements are used to get this message across.  We can tell that the writer believes that you should give your all when doing anything.  Through this artifact the author is specifically pointing out who the reader of the sign is.  I know this because before I go out for football fame I tap this sign.  By doing this I’m saying I understand what it means and I believe in it.  The author does a good job in drawing the reader into the text.  First, it is located in a locker room and secondly when an athlete walks out they not only see the sign, but they relate to it in life and in their style of play.

The artifact I used can be improved in many ways by participatory design.  One way that participatory design can be used to better my artifact would be to widen the audience it presents to. “Play like a Champion” obviously points out athletes.  To make this better the author could have possibly said compete like a champion.  If the author would have said this, then it would have broadened the audience taking it further to include athletes, employees, everyday citizens, and etc.  Another way my artifact could be enhanced by participatory design would be by putting it out there where everybody could see it such as a no parking sign.  The best way to get your point across or to make your statement known would be to reach out to people and to put the sign in public where everybody has equal possibility to see the artifact.
Word Count- 313



No comments:

Post a Comment