Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Snickers

 

The majority of people get extremely grumpy when they get hungry. I know that when I get hungry I am one of those people who complains a lot. I don't want to do anything until my belly is full. I could care less about what is going on or what someone is telling me. I just want food and I want it right then. As I say this I realize how mean this sounds. Yet, I know I can't be the only one in the world who is like this. Even the guy wearing green in this image looks like he is grumpy, he really wants that Snickers bar.

This image fits into the Physiological level of Maslow's Hierarchy. This image is trying to convince you to buy a Snickers candy bar the next time you are hungry. This image is a cartoon which draws the attention of people of all ages. No matter what age you are if you see a cartoon with words on it you are probably more than likely going to stop to see what the advertisement is about. 
 

There is clearly a treasure box full of treasure in the background. They are not running towards the treasure, they are running in the opposite direction. The two guys could care less about that treasure. The guy in the background threw a necklace in the air, he is way more worried about getting that Snickers. Instead they are both too worried about that delicious Snickers bar. Food is on the bottom of Maslow's Hierarchy, which means eating is very important to us, and we must fulfill this need before we can even begin to worry about anything else that is higher up on Maslow's chart. 


This image is showing how nothing is more important than satisfying your hunger needs. What better to satisfy that hunger then with a Snickers bar? If two people are willing to give up a box of buried treasure just for a snickers bar, then it must be good. Honestly, if I was hungry I would probably want a Snickers candy bar. So, the next time you get hungry, you should take the advice this image is giving as well as my own and go get a Snickers candy bar. In the end a Snickers candy bar is the best way to take care of your hunger. 


Andra W.
(Word Count 399)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Andra :).When I first glanced at the picture I had not even noticed they were running away from the chest and the man chasing the boy was dropping jewels. I found this quite interesting in comical that they were dropping things that could buy them much more snickers but instead were focused on one. I agree with your statement that on Maslow's hierarchy this is a Physiological type advertisement. The picture could also be a form of the Safety level. Although jewels are valuable if you are stuck in a desert like they are and starving the candy bar would give them immediate substance. It could create a security of the body, since knowing for a few days that you could survive on that candy bar if need be. Also the man looks very skinny and this could be a way of improving his health by trying to add weight.

    -151
    Ashley Kocanda

    ReplyDelete